Tuesday 15 November 2011

...painting my nails

Hola! I'm finding myself with more and more to talk about at the moment which can only be a good thing! 

Today I had a bash at nail art for the first time.  I don't really get to wear nail varnish because I'm a waitress and it's against Health & Safety (blah blah blah) so whenever I have a few days off I like to get some lacquer on!  My favourite brand is OPI but I'm finding myself falling a little bit in love with the new seasons Nails Inc collections like Paparazzi and Shadow Chic which contain dark greys, glitters, and deep jewel colours. Perfect for Christmas!  As a cheaper brand, Models Own are great for really on trend colours. They don't have quite the durability of some of the other more expensive brands but a good base coat helps.

So on to my experiment!  Since I knew I was going to take this off I didn't bother to use any of my "good" nail varnishes and used Gold Rush by Models Own, Sky High by Rimmel and Revlon One Perfect Coral.  I used two coats of Gold Rush as a base as it can be quite opaque with only one.  I did a diagonal tip with the Sky High and One Perfect Coral.  This wasn't a perfect line, but the gems covered this up.  I just used cheap gems from savers as I knew I wasn't going to keep the varnish on for long. 

Hopefully you guys like them! I think the green is more wintery and the coral will be lovely come summer time.  I think I might have to rethink my career choice and become a nail technician!


Gingie x


No comments:

Post a Comment